Manpower is currently recruiting for an experienced Chef de Partie OR an experienced Commis Chef who is ready for the next step in their career working in the heart of the Oxford City Centre.
Reporting to the Executive Head Chef, this position will be part of my clients expanding kitchen brigade responsible for preparing, cooking, and serving meals to a high standard.
The post holder will be a motivated self-starter who is confident and capable of turning his/her hand to a wide variety of duties. A confident approach, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise a heavy and ever-changing workload will be important.
The shift hours for this role are 8 hours worked over an 'any 5 days from 7' roster therefore weekends working will be required. Earlies start at 6.30am and late's start at 12.30pm and your rota would include a mixture of these hours.
Essential skills and experience required:
- A recognised qualification: NVQ levels 1, 2 in Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Allergen awareness training
- Self-motivated and an ability to work without close supervision and a tolerance of dealing with routine problems
- Ability to work to deadlines with changing priorities whilst remaining calm
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience of creating dishes for high volume diners
- Awareness of HACCAP regulations
- Experience of developing and implementing new fine dining menu
Among the benefits of working for one of the most prestigious and commercially successful Oxford Colleges, my client offers a competitive salary, 38 days holiday (includes bank holidays), membership to a pension scheme, discount bus ticket scheme, free uniform and free meals whilst on duty.
Please upload an up-to-date CV asap and a Manpower representative will be in touch shortly.