Manpower are currently seeking a Software Quality Test Engineer based in Didcot, Oxfordshire. The Software Quality Test Engineer strives to ensure that high quality products are designed, engineered, and manufactured in conformance with customer requirements, required standards and regulations. May provide expertise, training and/or consulting in Quality processes and methods to build and maintain a customer-oriented quality culture to the project teams involved. May direct the work of third parties such as vendors, product partners, etc. to meet contract specified deliverables.
This role will be responsible for evaluating the PLRM product line software, specifically Vaya Handheld Raman spectrometer for Raw Material Identification, Insight200M, RapID Raw Material ID Verification System, TRS100 Quantitative Pharmaceutical Analysis System and Resolve Handheld Raman Analyzer and associated software.
The role will be working with the Marketing Software Customer and Software engineers to ensure the requirements are implemented correctly and meet Quality standards and metrics.
The successful candidate requires knowledge and experience in software test or instrumentation and associated software.
37.5 hours per week6 month contract - possible extension to 12 months£17 hourly rate.£33,150 per annum
- Strong attention to detail.
- A systematic/analytical approach to assigned tasks and problems.
- The ability to work independently and proactively develop project direction as data is collected and results obtained.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to strict timelines.
Software Quality Test Engineer - Responsibilities:
- Entry and classification of defects. Member of the Cross Functional team to review defects.
- Ensure story and defects requirements are met
- Perform regression and workflow validation testing
- Perform unscripted software thrashing
- Develop and update manual and automated test cases
- Update Installation guides and product documentation
- Understand and ensure 21 CFR Part 11 regulatory requirements are met
- Ensuring quality testing requirements and metrics are met
- Solves non-routine issues, challenges and problems within field of .
- The successful candidate requires in-depth knowledge and experience in UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and IR instrumentation and associated software. Highly desirable is experience in ICP-OES instrumentation. You must have a strong attention to detail, can work independently or as part of a team, be a self-starter and demonstrate experience in meeting critical timelines.
A Bachelors or Masters degree or University Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a Life Sciences related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
May have Experience with Customer Workflows and or Application specific knowledge.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
May require knowledge on software test automation, and Information Technologies.
May have Experience with Software development or project management skills.
If you are interested in this role please apply today!