We are now looking for a Weighbridge Operator at the Birmingham depot, to join the ever growing team!
Immediate start available, full time position, working from Mon - Fri 7:00am - 4:30pm & Saturday 8am - 12pm
Salary: £24,000 Per Annum, including holiday packages and benefits
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Managing all vehicles entering and exiting the depot, weighing each load and recording data accurately.
- Ensuring all vehicles attending site have the correct fully completed paperwork.
- Recording and calculating inputs and outputs for the site.
- Communication via radio with yard and transfer shed personnel.
- Producing weighbridge tickets and completing waste transfer notes.
- Awareness of gross/tare/nett weights of vehicles, to ensure vehicles leave at their legal weight limit.
- Taking payments for disposal/collections as required.
- General site administration, including answering the telephone.
- Ensure all visitors have the correct PPE before entering site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Outstanding attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines.
- The ability to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis if required.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to deal with drivers coming onto site in a professional manner.
- A full, UK driving licence.
- Free on-site parking
- Full training
- Support of a friendly team
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Competitive salary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- UK Full Driving Licence (preferred)