Our Client is an international recycler of a wide range of raw, hazardous & used materials & goods, & we are happy to be supporting them in looking for an experienced Site Chemist for this site. Ideally, we would want someone who has at least 1 years in a Senior Chemist role managing a team of Chemists to Lead the Teams at their Waste Transfer Station.
You will be working on a busy waste management site, providing technical support & chemical analysis for the operation, ensuring efficient management of material receipt, dispatch and on-site storage.
- To manage Lab Waste WTS operations in conformance with the site licences, PPC permits and any other statutory requirements.
- To liaise with regulatory bodies as required electronically or face to face
- To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals and promote the PROUD philosophies.
- To follow company procedures where they impact on WTS operations.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping across the WTS. This should include daily and weekly check sheets as implemented
- To ensure systems are in place so aged stock levels are kept below permissible levels and are valued correctly to reflect the current disposal cost.
- To ensure stock is managed and stored in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures at all sites.
- To maximise the profitability of waste streams where possible and work with the sales team to grow the WTS operation at Hinckley.
- To ensure all necessary sampling and analysis is performed on containerised waste.
- To work with the other sites in the WTD to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
- To support in the efficient management of the disposal budget for site and continually look for cheaper disposal options.
- Effectively manage time to ensure smooth receipt, processing and storage of waste at site.
- To be responsible for PDR reviews and all aspects of HR for the WTS Chemists.
- To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are maintained.
- To advise the Site Manager of the performance within the department, details of new streams and or disposal routes and any efficiency improvements.
- Attend regular team and business meeting as required
- To assist in the planning of inputs and outputs to and from the WTS on a weekly basis.
- To leverage the geographical location of the Labwaste - WTS to minimise transport costs both in to and out.
- To perform all other reasonable duties and tasks as requested.
- Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook. SAP experience.
- Good man management and interpersonal skills
- Good communicator
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, then I look forward to reviewing your application.