HR Director - Mission Systems
Job ref: SF36147
Location: Bristol Hub but can consider remote and other UK based candidates with expectation of travel when required within the UK and Internationally
Salary - Attractive Salary and Package
About the role:
A fantastic strategic HR opportunity has presented itself due to internal promotion - within a fast-paced science and technology focused business area within Babcock International for a forward thinking, commercially focused and agile Human Resources professional to join us in our Mission Systems business as HR Director.
Reporting to the MD of Mission Systems, you will partner with the MD on all people related matters, including organisation design, Leadership team formation and performance, cultural change, communication and engagement, recognition and reward
This could be a once in a career opportunity to coach and mentor BU Leadership to enhance leadership skills of the senior team, bringing the diversity of backgrounds in the room together to achieve the best business outcomes
Some key deliverables:
In the context of the Babcock Group People Plan, and the Mission Systems business strategy, devise and lead a Value Stream People Plan, shaping through collaboration with HR functional colleagues and business leaders to ensure it addresses group wide and local priorities. Communicate the plan, leader the delivery of it and monitor progress and effectiveness of activities.
Lead Mission Systems HR team, setting performance targets, coaching and developing team members and ensuring the provision of high quality HR support to the business.
Build strong relationships with all parts of the HR function, but notably Centre of Excellences and People Centre, ensuring a well-developed mutual understanding of requirements and constraints which supports the joined up delivery of HR strategy.
Be a visible role model for Babcock Purpose and Principles.
Who we're looking for:
An ideal HR Director in Babcock Mission Systems will;
Be a critical thinker with a strategic growth mind-set. They will be able to develop a clear vision and People plan, in the context of Babcock Group HR plans, which enables the continued success of Mission Systems.
Be a natural communicator and adept at influencing, forging relationships across the Group to allow meaningful and effective collaboration.
Be operationally engaged, to drive rigour and the continued enhancement of the employee experience.
Build strong working relationships with peers and role model collaboration and shared ownership across value streams.
Create a compelling vision through which to excite, engage and empower their teams. They will energise and align people to deliver outstanding performance.
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and impact. You will need to demonstrate:
* Experience of leading an HR conversation across a large, diverse and complex organisation, business unit or division, delivering all aspects of people strategy
* Experience working as part of a leadership team at senior level coupled with the effective management of HR teams, testing and challenging the status quo.
* Commercially astute, with experience working in a fast paced, innovative and competitive business. As part of the senior team, the HRD will be expected to contribute fully to the running of the business.
* The confidence and skill set to serve as a coach for the senior leaders and the MD and with a strong bias to ongoing leadership development.
* Proven knowledge of HR practices, combined with experience in change management. Used to embracing technology and innovation.
* Awareness of the intricacies of delivering within a unionised environment would be beneficial.
* In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Autonomy and trust to shape and implement a strategy that changes an organisation and improves thousands of people's working lives
* Agile and hybrid working; a grown up approach that takes into account where and when you'll do your best work for Babcock.
Location: Flexible - there are significant 'Hubs' in Bristol, Rosyth, Plymouth and London but this role can work from anywhere (including remotely/from home). Travel to various locations may be required on a regular basis
Hours: Flexible - full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time considered (minimum 25 hours).
Other need to knows:
Successful candidates may need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) level of security clearances).
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.