Security Education, Training and Culture Lead
Business Unit: Base Services
Location: Filton, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Starting salary: £ 37,165.00
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Security Education, Training and Culture Lead. The provision of leadership and direction to develop and drive a Security Education and Training function for Marine Technology.
The main purpose of your role is to develop, improve and deliver training, informing Babcock staff why good security behaviours matter to develop an improved security culture across the business.
This is a full time role working in Bristol as part of the Marine Technology Security Team, providing leadership, management, tasking and direction for the Security Education & Training function. There will be times where you are required to attend all areas of the Marine Technology Business area and the wider Business.
* Provide leadership and direction to develop a Security Education and Training function within DRDL and primarily work to develop, improve and deliver training, informing employees why good security behaviours matter and what is expected of them.
* Develop a comprehensive, holistic and sustainable Security Education and Training Strategy to develop a confident and empowered workforce capable of managing security risks appropriately, enabling them to balance the application of security mitigation(s) with the need to maintain Babcock outputs
* Responsible for educating and training the workforce about the threats faced and explaining the vital role they play in mitigating the threat by their actions and behaviour.
* Ensuring that they are aware of the current threat and have up to date relevant security knowledge. Drive motivation, fundamental to good security in their everyday thinking and behaviour, their potential impact and the role they play in countering them.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need excellent communication and presentation skills as you will be delivering training.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
* Ideally security background (desirable)
* High interest in the security sector
* GCSE English & Maths minimum
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 25/10/2021