An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation - our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Ben & Surf, Comfort, Domestos and Cif) have an opening for a Laboratory Technician to be based at our client's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral.
This is a full time, temporary role for a period of 6 months to start ASAP, paying up to £23,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
- Complete training of our standard storage test methods and digital data capture system.
- Support all assigned quality & stability testing of haircare products as part of pooled resource system, ensuring adherence to set procedures and processes.
- To be measured against ability to complete work within assigned time and to the agreed standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key product test methods (rheology, pH, colour, odour and appearance) and understanding of the interpretation of the test results generated from a consumer perspective.
Day to Day Duties
- Complete storage testing of haircare products, primarily shampoo and conditioner and Hair aerosols, using stand alone and automated instruments.
- Ensure all testing is performed in an organised manner, accurately, timely and follows standard safety procedures (COSHH and Risk assessments).
- Expected to attend monthly team meetings and occasionally present own work program.
- Expected to report test results to PQS coordinator in a timely manner to support the innovation project teams with analysis of the results.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory is a must (can include University experience). Recent graduates would be considered.
- Science Degree (or equivalent).
- Previous experience of working in a chemical lab, performing stability and or quality tests would be highly desirable.
- Ability to use Microsoft programmes such as Excel and understand the importance of capturing data in a standard and digital format. Training will be provided however must be IT literate and willing to learn.
- The ideal candidate needs to understand the processes and safety requirements of a laboratory and speak up if processes are not being followed.
- Very good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Responsible, self-motivated and with a good attention to detail.