Job Title: Fleet Data Analyst
Location: Bristol, GB, BS16 1FJ
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit a Fleet Data Analyst to join the team.
As a Fleet Data Analyst you will join our Fleet Management and Information team supporting day to day analysis, management and control of operational data.
Responsibilities will include
- Host requirement workshops
- Create and present detailed functional specifications based on end user inputs
- Extract, blend and present data from multiple sources to support fleet optimisation decisions
- Provide business intelligence outputs that supports day-to-day fleet operations
- Develop data audit tools to identify quality issues
- Develop solutions to address data issues
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with complex data analysis, you will be able to produce and see the tangible benefits of the work you are doing in the short, near and long term.
This position will enable you to further develop your transferable skills and offers progression within the wider group.
What do I need to do the role?
You should have a background in operational data analysis.
We would also like you to have the following:
- Advanced MS Excel user (i.e complex/nested formulas/pivot tables/lookups). An Excel assessment will be required at interview stage
- You will have a high level of attention to detail and an ability to self-check work outputs
- The ability to maintain clear audit trails of business rules / assumptions that underpin data outputs
Lastly, it would also be desirable if you had experience working within a vehicle or fleet management business
What else do I need to know?
- This role supports Agile working so the role is WFH with some requirements to travel to Bristol
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Closing date: 18th October 2021