We are urgently looking to recruit an suitably experienced Minibus Driver/Transport Coordinator initially to provide a safe minibus service for the normal school pick ups and drop offs.
Our International Boarders are scheduled to return in September, when there will also be the need to conduct airport runs locally and to Gatwick/Heathrow, along with excursions and weekend Boarding activities, plus excursions and sport's fixtures when Covid restrictions allow.
This role will also incorporate a Coordinator responsibility, organising the team of yourself plus 2 other drivers, liaising with the School / parents where necessary, ensuring legal compliance for licences etc. and that our vehicles are clean and well maintained.
The successful candidate will:
School Minibus Driver
- Hold a clean PCV driving licence with either D or D1 with/without the 101 (not for hire and reward) restriction
- Hold a Current CPC qualification
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Have previously worked with children
- Have experience of working with a Tachograph Card according to DVSA regulations
- Have a clear understanding of tachographs and WTR
- Have a patient and understanding nature
- Ensure the safety of all children throughout the journey in line with our School Minibus Policy
- Be responsible for following designated routes for the collection of students in the morning at particular times at particular places and returning them in the afternoon
- Ensure any issues with school transport is reported immediately
- Maintain the minibus in excellent condition at all times
- Report any pupil late arrivals to the school
- Liaise with the school line manager
- A clear understanding of the DVSA regulations regarding the operation of minibuses
- Be able to download tachograph records from buses and driver's cards and analyse the data to identify infringements
- Ensure 10 week inspections and servicing is maintained and recorded and repairs executed where needed
- Ensure daily walk round inspections are recorded and where needed actioned appropriately
- Be aware of new legislation and inform drivers as appropriate and be responsible for the Operator's Licence
- To ensure that vehicles are maintained in a fit and serviceable condition
- Liaise with drivers and parents regarding school runs, fixtures etc
- Ensure that the required documentation is kept up to date and available for inspection by DVSA officials
- Ensure that drivers operate within the School's Minibus policy and follow Safeguarding procedures and policies
- Arrange and attend regular transport team meetings
- Ensure that costs remain within the Transport department budget, liaising with the Finance Director as necessary
The role is a part-time is 25 hours per week, term-time only + 10 days.
The role offers an hourly rate of £11.00 per hour!
If you have the relevant licence and experience, please apply today with an up to date CV or call Elle on 01392 219777.