Customer Service Driver
Manpower are recruiting for Class 1 Drivers based in Basingstoke on a Permanent basis.
As a Customer Service Driver, you will play a pivotal role in providing the best service to customers. Our client deliver to over 300 restaurants across England and Wales. On average your journey has 3-4 deliveries which are made using roll cages. Your deliveries are a mix of ambient, chilled and frozen food products, so experience of working with fridges is ideal.
This role is suited for a driver who can think on their feet and is customer service focussed.
Our client is dedicated to being the leading logistics service provider for the most well-known restaurant chains around the world, you don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
Flexi - Opportunity to do days or nights. Working on a 5 of 3 off rota.
Part time roles within both Transport and Warehouse are available. Part time roles would be working a 2-day week being Saturday and Sunday or a 3-day week to include Friday and a 4-day working to include Monday.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- All vehicles must be checked for defects and reported to the garage for repair
- Goods must be checked they are correct and secure
- The delivery schedule must be followed, with arrival and departure times logged on journey sheet
- Ensure that the Transport Office is informed of any problems such as delays, breakdowns or delivery problems
- Every delivery must be signed by the relevant restaurant Manager
- Clean the inside of vehicle
- Refuel the unit and fridge unit
- Park vehicle as directed by Shunter
- Be de-briefed about journey by Transport Office
- To complete any other duties as required by Management
- Carry out drivers duties with due regard to legislation in respect of LGV drivers and submit tachographs on a weekly basis for analysis by the Company
- Collections and deliveries for various customers at different locations around the country
- Dealing with ambient, chilled and frozen products
- Checking products and carrying out the necessary paperwork
Understanding of driving legislation governing the use of tachographs and working hours. Valid C+E Licence - Experience of driving large goods vehicles is preferred but not essential. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes at short notice to meet the demands of our customer and have a strong awareness of Health and Safety procedures.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Valid Drivers CPC (Essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle and refrigeration system
- Understanding of EC drivers' hours & EC working time directive regulations (Essential)
- Experience of working with refrigerated vehicles (Desirable)
Interested? Apply now and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.