A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Support Engineer with a background in Mechanical and Hydraulic engineering to join our client whose expertise lies in the design, build and lifecycle support of complex pipe laying systems and subsea equipment.
In this role you will inspect, assemble, test and commission, hydraulic and mechanical systems to ensure the effective implementation, service and support of equipment operated by clients worldwide.
Day to day you will be responsible for :-
- Resolving technical issues and design specifications that arise during the service & support activities of operational equipment.
- Working within the support team developing documentation related to hydraulic related enquiries, new & upgrade proposals for delivered equipment and project support requirements.
- Managing and maintaining the department's equipment & assets, test equipment, in-house spares
- Liaising with client's equipment operational personnel and project engineering staff, to ensure final deliverables meet customer's expectations & requirements.
- Providing guidance to all company personnel with respect to service & support activities related to mechanical and hydraulic issues.
- Completing service reports
- Providing training to customers personnel as required on specific design elements.
- Working alongside design engineers to specify hydraulic components.
To succeed in this role you will have demonstrable experience in a similar role within a bespoke engineering environment, you will be competent in offshore hydraulic installations, have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and hydraulic schematics, you will be competent in hydraulic system fault finding and be ability
You will be apprentice trained in a relevant discipline and offshore survival would be advantageous but not essential
This role will involve working away from home both on an offshore so a flexible attitude is a must.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the chance to work both on and offshore for a highly respected company in the subsea sector.