An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to work in the Home Care Professional Europe team and to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Blackfriars, London 2 days per week and to work from home for the rest of the week. This is a full-time temporary role until the end of the year 2021, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying between £35K to £41K, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Please note, this role is urgent therefore we cannot accept notice periods on this occasion.
This position will be a part of the finance team of our professional cleaning category - European market.
This position will report to the finance manager of the team, work closely with local AR & AP teams and an external sales agent company to provide management reports, analyse the business result, assist end-to-end accounting activities for the category's P&L (which is recorded under 20 European countries and 1 central sourcing unit).
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate ownership of the full P&L, develop all-around finance and business acumen. The role also offers managerial experience (lead financial reporting process with 2 contractual specialists from the Capgemini team).
- Responsible for monthly management reports and analysis (actuals vs. forecast, P&L of total Europe & each country, monthly scorecards, sales distribution tracker, route-to-market tracker, other reports per requested… )
- Responsible for month-end closing, ensure business transactions are properly recorded in each legal entity
- Ensure that accounting transactions are performed accurately and following corporate requirements
- AR/AP management, including raising POs for overheads, marketing expenditures performance fees, posting invoices, chasing pending payment with AR/AP team
- Review monthly stock reconciliations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills (PIVOT, complex data analysis)
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- 2-3 or more years of related experience at a professional level.
- Experience in financial reporting (R2R, P2P)
- Experience of account receivables/payables and invoicing management
- Experience of SAP is preferred
- Public accounting experience is preferred