Project Procurement Specialist
Business Unit: Central Services
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Salary: £ 37,165.00
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Project Procurement Specialist.
The Submarine Supply Chain Team forms part of the Procurement and Supply Chain function in Naval Nuclear. Based in Submarines, the team manages the Submarine Supply Chain requirements including material procurement, equipment overhaul and repair to ensure availability to support the Submarine programmes.
The primary place of work is Devonport.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will have accountability, within a defined scope of materials and/or subcontract services, for the Submarine Supply chain design, execution, and performance for a Business Unit's project(s).
- Establishing project requirements, including those driven by the future bid pipeline.
- Design and engagement of a supply chain that meets project requirements.
- Supporting the delivery of project objectives through the rigorous management of contract and supplier performance
- Assuring Supplier Performance to time, cost and quality for contract requirements against scope of supplier responsibility.
- Responsibility for typically £10m expenditure within the project(s) scope.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be an experienced procurement practitioner with knowledge of current strategic procurement techniques and relevant experience in Sourcing & Procurement.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
* Proven track record of delivering excellent supply chain performance.
* Understanding of contract terms and conditions and the ability to manage subcontract terms including flow-down terms from customer contracts.
* Deep understanding of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier performance and scheduling of deliveries.
* Delivery focused with a pragmatic, hands-on approach that enables strategies to be fully executed.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing date: 26/10/2021