Job Title: Head of Engineering
Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we're looking to recruit a Head of Engineering to join the team.
You will be responsible for implementing engineering strategy and strategic operational goals, with a view to exceeding customer expectations for product development, quality, cost and delivery. Maximising efficiency, optimising and driving engineering excellence through:
- Identifying relevant legislative standards relating the vehicles and the conversion undertaken on them; ensuring that these standards are achieved in the design, procurement and manufacturing/production departments within the business. This role will then also utilise these legislative base standards to identify and set the required technical competences within the production/manufacturing teams within BVE.
- Manage the Design, Bill of Material and Production process development activities that ensure accurate quotations can be provided for new products and optimal resource planning can be undertaken during production.
- Drive a culture of Excellent Customer Service and Business Cost reduction through effective management of the Aftersales service and proactive data exploitation from Warranty information and Quality Control rework information; with the aims of reducing costs (re-work and production), increasing production capacity and maximising asset reliability/availability.
This a great opportunity to design and scope engineering practices, manage new product introduction and be a member of the senior management team driving the business forward to achieve its objectives and improve delivery.
What do I need to do the role?
Ideally you should hold Chartered Engineer status from an automotive design and manufacturing background.
We would also like you to:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and automotive design and manufacturing industry-specific knowledge in a similar engineering leadership position
- Have proven experience of managing and leading new product development and or engineering production environments and in delivering projects to stated time, cost and quality targets
- Have proven experience of leading engineering teams and improving engineering and design activities.
What else do I need to know?
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 27th October 2021