Business Unit - E&TS
Location: Chester, Cheshire, GB, CH1 6ER
Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
About the Role
The Incident Responder will be involved in the following activities; Foot Patrol, Vehicle Patrol, Main Gate search, Control Room operator and any other security related roles required by the Incident Response Manager/Supervisor to maintain site security and manning levels. Respond safely and appropriately to a Fire or Safety Incident and carry out First Aid at Work should this be required.
Staff will work a Shift System to suit the role and site requirements. Be prepared to work emergency shifts if required.
* Carry out duties aligned to the site security and safety on a BAU and Incident Response basis, responding to security, fire and safety incidents when required to do so
* Carry out duties on the Main Gate including searching and Access Control
* Carry out Control Room duties as required. Monitor CCTV and security systems - Assessment of risks to the site through the use of CCTV. Monitor alarm systems.
* Receive and process emergency calls - Respond to SLA for emergency calls.
* Respond appropriately to emergency calls and prompt necessary action
* Maintain records where appropriate and necessary and complete all required documentation. Ensure secure storage of documents.
* Carry out Patrols
* Investigate suspected breaches in security.
* Detect and challenge unauthorised persons
* Respond to incidents as directed by control room. If required, carry out initial on-the-ground control of incidents (acting as the initial incident commander) until the arrival of nominated authorised person who will then take control.
* Maintain fitness and Health standards for the role and pass fitness testing
* Maintain currency in on-site training in accordance with their Personal Development Plan (PDR) and take part in training Exercises
* Successfully complete a basic Firefighting course and specific onsite training and maintain the level of competence required
* Respond to and deal with First Aid Incidents
* Respond to and report any Safety Events
* To work within established Company policies and procedures.
* Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
* To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
* Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
* To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
What do I need to do the role?
* Security Industry Authority Accredited (SIA)
* Minimum SC Cleared must be attained
* Conflict Management Experience
* Incident Management Experience
* Good report writing skills
* Relationship & Rapport building skills
* Risk assessment and threat mitigation.
* Fire-fighter experience or the ability to pass a course
* Nuclear Industry experience beneficial
* Flexibility to adapt to normal and emergency shift working patterns
* Previous security Industry skills in guarding and patrol roles
* First Aider experience
* Driving Licence
* Maintain a good standard of health &fitness for the role
* British National with a valid UK passport
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate will need to satisfy the security requirements for this post. You must be a sole British National and hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) or 'Developed Vetting' (DV) security clearance. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 27/10/2021