The Credit Control team for our Client based at the head office in Tachbrook Park, Warwick are looking for a Credit Controller to join their Collections team. You will be dealing with overdue domestic and commercial accounts using the telephone and written communication. You will be identifying reason for non-payment, resolving queries to the customer's satisfaction and negotiating a positive outcome. This may involve agreeing, arranging and administering pay arrangements. You will also be recommending delinquent accounts for disconnection, legal action or write off and maybe involved in the use of trace agents, collection agents and solicitors. You will be responsible for building good relationships with customers to help reduce late payments, minimise debt and optimise cash flow into the business. Hours of work: You must be flexible to work between 8:30am - 5:00pm or 9am to 5.30pm (37.5 hours per week).
Salary £21,000 to £24,950 depending on experience
This is a temp to perm position.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage our customers through the entire credit control process
- Debt collection, cash allocation and query resolution
- Reduce late payments, minimise debt and optimise cash flow into the business
- Building good relationships with customers and our salesforce
As such we would like you to:
- Experience of credit control and account reconciliation
- Strong administrative experience
- Preferably experience of domestic and commercial credit control
- A minimum of Grace C in English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent is required
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to work to targets
- Well organised and thorough
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- A flexible, positive approach to teamwork and the ability to deal with an ever-changing environment
- A genuine desire to work in Credit Control
- Subsidised canteen
- Free car parking
- Free drinks vending machines
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK.
Our client adheres to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.