Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Northampton for a Technical Sales Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis with an immediate start!
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £30k - £35k depending on experience.
As a Technical Sales Engineer you will work with Head of Sales in order to identify and establish new business opportunities. You will be a key point of contact for customers, answering queries, providing technical advice, and introducing new products. You'll liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments.
This role profile is a guide to the work that will initially be required to be undertaken. It may be reviewed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and the job holder may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by their Direct line manager. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Job Responsibilities listed below:
- Achieving sales targets
- Network widely across the sector in order to maximise outreach, develop strategic partnerships and reinforce relationships across existing channels
- Ensure profitability and brand positioning is maintained
- Build and maintain relationships with external business and strategic partners
- Work closely with product and marketing departments to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised with product partners and through marketing initiatives
- Follow up new business opportunities and set up meetings
- Negotiate and close business
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Plan and prepare presentations
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- International travel when required
- 1 years experience in generating and converting prospects into Sales
- Organised, approachable, dependable, and willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Organised, able to prioritise workload with the ability to work under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Customer negotiations
- Basic marketing communications experience
- Additional languages desirable
- Working Knowledge of word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, management, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to co-operate with management
- 20 days Annual leave
- 1 days leave for Birthday
- Extended Pension Scheme
- Company Incentive (When Applicable)
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!