Mobile Applications Engineer
Business Unit - Corporate Services
Location: Portsmouth (or fully remote)
Excellent role on offer for a mobile applications specialist, where you will work as part of a large project to migrate mobile applications from Blackberry to Apple technologies.
- Deliver and manage a mobile applications development, strategy and standards in conjunction with the IS infrastructure teams for internal and external customers to access our internal and external system safely
- Create a mobile application factory for internal and external delivery with a partner(s)
- Manage and maintain pipeline of mobile apps and app mobile development
- Resolve conflicts of backend applications, mobile OS and mobile applications
- Help business prioritise mobile apps opportunities and create business cases to manage through a collective roadmap for mobile application delivery
- Manage a standard process to decide on how requirements are delivered - including decisions such or buy / build. Engage Babcock technical, security and functional architects in the process as needed.
- Work with Babcock security team to define and manage a standard security process around mobile apps.
- Create standards for interface design and development standards for mobile applications
- Report on release activity to stakeholders; internal and, as required, external.
- Works with live service support to ensure suitable support procedures are in place around mobile apps.
- Works with support managers as needed to ensure successful diagnoses and resolution of tickets raised.
- Actively contributes to the process of continual improvement and repeatable process
What do I need to do this role
- An understanding of IT application lifecycle - ideally from an ITIL service management viewpoint
- Experience creating a documentation to govern the delivery, management and support, develop and upgrade mobile applications
- Knowledge of mobile testing technologies e.g. HockeyApp, TestFlight Google Play Beta, iOS SDK and solid experience of testing mobile applications using mobile emulators
- Knowledge of mobile development technologies such as Apple xcode, Android studio, Visual studio, HTML 5 and an understanding of the trade-offs in different types of app delivery e.g. native, hybrid or mobile web app
- Understanding and familiarity with the full software development life cycle and different software development models. Perhaps supported by ITIL qualification or Project Management experience or qualification
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) solutions
- Experience managing the mobile application distribution process - including areas such as Apple app provisioning, Android app signing and so on.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in an Information Systems Field preferrable
What else do I need to know?
Clean driving license
Must have or be able to gain SC and ONR clearance
If you are currently employed by Babcock please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.