Manpower is currently recruiting for Food & Beverage Operatives based in Oxford City Centre. Your main duties will be to participate in the food and beverage activities of the College's Cafes and Bar. In consultation with the F&B Manager, through regular checking of food preparation and delivery spaces monitor the standards of food and beverage delivery to ensure the provision of the highest levels of cleanliness and service to all Café and Bar users. This role will also form part of the Dining Hall/SCR/Bar/Pizza Bar servery team.
The successful candidates will be required to work any 5 from 7 days a week (including weekends) working between the hours of 6am - 1am. Daily shifts will be approx. 8 hours long but this may increase to 10 hours per shift during busy periods. You will be contracted to 40 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Correct use of equipment, materials, and foodstuff to meet both Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- Prepare snacks and drinks and assist with counter service duties
- Clean equipment and work areas to meet laid down standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Provide a professional service for Café and bar users
- Observe all food hygiene policies and procedures
- When the cafes/bar are closed, assist with food service in all other food and beverage service areas.
Requirements / Experience Required
- Experience of serving customers in a food and beverage environment.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Experience of maintaining high standards of service that impress customers.
- Experience of offering excellent customer service and resolving customer complaints.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours).
- Learn bar cellar practices, including how to safely change gas and barrels.
- Have a polite and friendly manner with honesty and integrity
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, and co-operation.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with Cafe and Bar users, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Be aware of general health and safety and security issues.
- Be punctual with reliable attendance.
- Appear well-groomed, in compliance with the College's uniform rules.
Among the benefits of working for one of the most prestigious and commercially successful Oxford Colleges, my client offers a competitive salary, 38 days holiday (includes bank holidays), membership to a pension scheme, discount bus ticket scheme, free uniform and free meals whilst on duty.
Please upload an up-to-date CV asap and a Manpower representative will be in touch shortly.