Manpower is currently recruiting for Permanent Scouts / Accommodation Assistants in Oxford City Centre working 25 or 30 hours per week. Your main duties will be to ensure the cleanliness of all domestic rooms and areas, as allocated by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Housekeeping Manager.
Hours available are either 6am - 12pm, 6am - 11am OR 7am - 12pm and you will be placed onto a rota which will include weekends working 5 days out of 7 each week
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN'T WORK WEEKENDS
Duties will include:
- Cleaning by hand using approved cleaning substances
- Using machinery e.g. for cleaning and polishing
- Emptying bins for deposit in a recognised area for external collection
- Collecting plates/glasses from non-catering/venue areas
- Cleaning internal glass on doors and windows
- Polishing (using approved products) and dusting of designated areas (which may include sanitary areas and associated facilities), using where appropriate, the necessary powered equipment.
- Designated areas may include stairways, skirtings, ledges, sills, notice boards, internal glass, curtains, blinds, doors, desks, tables, chairs, lamps, telephones, cabinets, and bookcases.
- Deep cleaning of rooms prior to start of conference use
- Bed making
- Some minor movement of furniture may be necessary
- You always have a responsibility to work safely and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems to a Team Leader or the Housekeeping Manager.
- Report failures in services and assist in remedying and preventing such occurrences.
- Maintain the integrity of buildings by ensuring access points are free and fire doors are closed.
- Take appropriate action in the event of an emergency and provide the necessary liaison with the Lodge and/or Emergency Services.
- To attend work looking clean, smart, and wearing the uniform and any protective clothing provided.
- To attend and complete compulsory training as required.
Please update an up-to-date CV asap and a Manpower representative will be in touch shortly.