111 Call Handler.
Upcoming courses available.
Part time & full time roles available ranging from 12 hours to 37.5 per week.
Our client based in Bicester, is looking for candidates who are looking for a new challenge, to join their growing Emergency Call Handlers team.
The right candidate will be able to work ALL unsociable hours, the rotas will be on a shift pattern which includes, evenings, nights, weekends, and bank holidays. You must live local or be able to use public transport to Bicester as there is no parking onsite. Please note, an enhanced DBS check, and NHS compliance check will take place if you're successful.
OVERALL PURPOSE/ROLE SUMMARY:
Responsible for responding to calls from the general public and healthcare professionals requiring urgent healthcare services. Using NHS Pathways, a clinical assessment tool, the 111 Health Advisor will assess the needs of the caller and implement necessary action ranging from despatching an ambulance to making a referral to the appropriate available service using the embedded Directory of Service.
- Undertaking a clinical assessment of patients calling using the NHS Pathways triaging tool to ensure callers receive the most appropriate care provided by the most appropriate service.
- Deal with calls from a range of health and social personnel including hospitals, nursing homes, social service, mental health teams and ambulance crews.
- Ensure the timely assessment, questioning and accurate recording of all patients requiring emergency/urgent assistance.
- To control and take charge of calls by managing patients, relatives, and the general public in a calm professional manner and treating them with dignity and respect at all times.
Weekdays - £9.09
Nights (after 6pm) and Saturdays - £12.27
Sunday - Public Holidays - £15.36
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL/EXTERNAL):
- Emergency Services
- GPs &Healthcare Professionals
- Trust employees
If you're ready for a new challenge, and have read and understood the above, apply today and we will be in touch with you.