Park Royal, London
Engineering and Training Services
Salary range is indicative and automatically generated by LinkedIn from estimated data
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Mobile Technician.
As a Babcock Mobile Technician, you will provide a reliable, efficient and courteous service to our customer; the Metropolitan Police Service. To service and repair motor vehicles at Police Stations / roadside throughout London, in a safe and efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required and offering excellent customer service at the same time, building affective relationships.
The shift pattern is 4 days on 4 days off - 6am - 6pm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service, maintain and repair vehicle components and accessories, in line with company and/or manufacturer's instructions, including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
- Diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary
- Operate a 'Fix First Time' way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out against it
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure.
- To order parts necessary, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
- To be responsible for correct part/s stocking, stock control of all parts on the MMU van and be responsible for updating stock where necessary
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need motor vehicle repair maintenance experience and City Guilds 1.2.3 or equivalent.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 20/10/2021