Class 2 Driver
£31,820.25 per annum
Sherburn in Elmet
Wincanton are looking for Class 2 Drivers who have a passion for customer service to join our team in Sherburn in Elmet carrying out home deliveries for our Wickes contract.
* £31,820.25 per annum plus monthly bonus potential of £325 pcm
* £12.74 per hour
* Tuesday to Saturday
* Starting between 0500 and 0600
* 48 hours per week
* Overtime paid at basic hourly rate
* £20 - one off payment for 6th shift working on top of basic hourly rate (9.6 hours pay guaranteed)
* Achievable Monthly Bonus (worth up to £3,900 p.a/£325 p.m.)
Delivering kitchen and bathroom products including appliances as part of a two person crew to customer houses and flats.
* 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
* Onsite canteen
* Uniform and PPE
* Access to pension scheme
* Share incentive plan
* Discounts including breakdown cover, airport parking and EE Network
* Childcare vouchers
* Medical cash plans
* For every driver that you refer, you can earn an impressive £1,000
* Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislation
* Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times
* Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately
* Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
* On return to site, you will report to the traffic office for full debrief
* This role ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems
* Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting
* Following socially distanced conditions in line with government guidelines regarding Covid-19
Experience and Qualifications
* Must hold a valid in date Class 2 licence
* Must hold a Valid Digital Tachograph Card
* Must hold a full Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
* 6 months minimum Class 2 driving experience required
* Previous experience in a customer facing role would be an advantage
* Have a positive, flexible attitude to work.
* Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
* DBS check will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work this role is physically demanding, and heavy manual handling is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.