Our client, a forbes-500 technology behemoth are looking to hire an Environmental Insights Consultant with knowledge about environmental & sustainability issues, environmental impact planning and GIS to their rapidly-growing team.
The role will focus on researching and outreaching to government and non-government entities in various markets to collate geographic data.
You will use your business development and relationship building skills to identify and effectively communicate mutually beneficial opportunities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct research in specific geographies to collate verified data that can be used to enhance accuracy and benefit end users
- Communicate company geo-mission to authoritative entities and potential partners to share basemap
- Liaise between external partners and internal stakeholders to convey requirements, validate data, coordinate and communicate updates about fixes/edits
- Report project status and identify insights
- Manage and track all data submissions with operations teams and external partners
- Update information in internal planning tools and platforms as required
- Document on deliverables, i.e. number of partners contacted/onboarded,number of open data sources identified or data sets submitted/ ingested etc
- Address and resolve external partner queries
- Troubleshoot process and operational issues; ability to develop deep understanding of data formats, structures, etc.
- Manage data pipeline from receiving the data captured to creation of launch schedules
- Program manage, track and log all outreach and engagement activities (via email & phone)
- Exhibit excellent communication skills and ability to influence potential partners and commit to using tools for future environmental impact plans.
- Perform data integration on partner sites using basic web creation skills (e.g. align boundaries from Big Query platform)
- Create presentations for partner meetings & events
- Utilize data savviness and basic analytical skills for data reconciliation.
- Run simple quantitative correlation analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, in GIS, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Full fluency in English and German - written and verbal
- Experience in Business Development and B2B partnerships/sales, customer service - preferable
- Experience working in digital/technology companies with tech products - ideal
- Salesforce experience
- Knowledge in GIS tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding and passion for technology trends in the mapping industry