Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Westlakes - Fleswick Court
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Project Manager able to lead a project of limited complexity or assist in managing complex projects. Project Managers may also lead small groups of non-complex projects.
* Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
* Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project , defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the Business Management System;
* Leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement and identifying and implementing the latest technology;
* Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss) ; agree plans with the Business Unit Director and submit regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
* Extensive experience in a Project Management position
* Awareness of various contracting methodologies (e.g. FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out
* A bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field (or equivalent)
* APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) (previously APMP) working towards Chartered Project Professional (ChPP)
* IOSH Managing Safely or higher safety qualifications preferred
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 28th October 2021