An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client - a leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for an IT Software Procurement Manager, to be based remotely (in the UK) however may require some occasional travel to Kingston-upon-Thames and Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role to last for 12 months, working 36.25 hours per week, paying up to £58,000 pro rata, per annum, depending on experience.
- The role holder will be responsible for leading regional and global strategic sourcing activities within the area of spend responsibility, including the definition of internal customer needs, insight of supply markets, developing sourcing strategies, activation of supplier selection and negotiation, facilitating supplier implementation and ongoing strategic supplier relationship management.
- They will also be responsible for IT relationship between IP and assigned UL internal stakeholder community, as well as coordinating global sourcing projects with the regional IT Supply Management teams - ensuring a seamless service to the stakeholders.
- Will also be the supply management expert for specified clusters within the area of spend responsibility, identifying opportunities and ensuring service delivery to UL business stakeholders and UL business stakeholder conformance to IP processes and contracted commitments.
- Develop and align own workplan, objectives, priorities, and processes within the context of the overall IT supply management and stakeholder community priorities and processes.
- Lead global and regional strategic sourcing activities to professionalize the sourcing of materials/clusters of external spend within area of spend responsibility.
- Identify, initiate and sustain direct interactions with appropriate internal stakeholders/functional/operating teams within the business to drive "buying" behaviour change required to meet business project objectives and facilitate implementation of the approved sourcing strategies.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis of internal needs. Develop and follow supply market knowledge and insight (e.g. suppliers, price trends, cost drivers, acquisitions & disposals etc.).
- Develop appropriate sourcing strategies for cluster of spend within area of responsibility.
- Execute the sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and negotiation with suppliers, including crafting and placing of legal agreements/contracts and confidentiality agreements and ensure that all are conducted in accordance with UL's code of business ethics and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure that supply agreements, commercial terms & conditions, specification information and pricing information including changes is communicated accurately and in a timely fashion to appropriate operational teams/individuals.
- Enable and facilitate the implementation of the approved sourcing strategies with appropriate functional and operational teams within the business.
- Responsible for ongoing supplier relationship management, monitoring, review and continuous improvement as well as leading supplier side of innovation/sustainability/cost savings projects.
- Identify need for and support design of business processes to facilitate use of appropriate "buying channel" (e.g. Ariba Buyer, spot buying desk etc.) within UL stakeholder community.
- Develop a deep understanding of and rigorously apply the UL strategic sourcing process and tools, including being fully operational and actively use e-Sourcing tools e.g. use of e-RFIs, e-RFPs, cost modelling and others.
- Respond proactively to information demands and questions from supply management operational teams and other internal parties as needed.
- Provide input, influence and linkage to business transaction tools (as appropriate) e.g. SAP BW, Ariba Buyer.
- Have input to the development of a Supply Management Team workplan for area of responsibility, to deliver the required objectives and within this context develop own strategic sourcing team priorities.
- Participate in or lead Regional/Global Teams (as appropriate) for area of responsibility.
Key Skills Required
- At least 5 years general business procurement experience in any function at appropriate work level, including some Software and IT services procurement experience.
- Global experience essential, preferably in a complex matrix organisation. Foreign tax and currency knowledge would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of strategic analysis, negotiation and team leadership.
- Must be confident in crafting and placing legal agreements/contracts.
- Must be able to find new ways of tackling supply management and change the current "buying" paradigm.
- Must have the confidence to "sell' need for behaviour change to sceptical and resistant internal stakeholders' expectations.
- Needs to show a high degree of team commitment, working co-operatively with others across the organization to achieve shared goals, required to work with internal business teams.