Location: Coalville, Leicestershire, GB, LE67 1LD
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Driver.
You'll work as an effective team member delivering and collecting vehicles from the Fire and Rescue Services, promoting the business by wearing corporate clothing and maintaining a respectable appearance at all times and demonstrating good communication skills.
Responsible for maintaining the vehicles in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring, where possible, that the vehicles are available for collection details at all times. Able to effectively assist the equipment operatives on various activities within the Work shop when driving times allow.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Deliver and collect ND vehicles, modules and equipment in line with the planned schedules.
* Ensure services are prioritised in order to meet the weekly schedule highlighting any potential delays to the workshop manager/operations manager.
* Complete and maintain all vehicles related documents ensuring these are filed accordingly.
* Maintain a respectable corporate appearance during all visits to FRS's.
* Support other drivers in maintaining/keeping all new dimension vehicles in a clean and tidy condition and ensuring a high % of vehicle availability at all times.
* Ensure the vehicle yard is kept clean and tidy and vehicles are parked up in correct bays with charging leads connected. All vehicle defects are to be reported and recorded through the MSC with the workshop and operations manager informed.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need a clean driving license - (3 points maximum), Cat C License - (Driving 27 ton lorry) and Single Drop experience - 12 months.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Closing date: 28/10/2021