Manpower has some exciting new opportunities working as a 999 Call Handler based in Wakefield.
We are looking for candidates who are looking for a new challenge, to join our clients growing Emergency Call Handlers team. Temp to Perm opportunities available.
The right candidate will have excellent attention to detail, accuracy, remain calm under pressure, good customer service, be computer literate and be flexible with hours as some hours may be unsociable.
Current working hours Monday - Friday 10.00am - 6.00pm
Please note, an enhanced DBS check, and NHS compliance check will take place if you are successful.
OVERALL PURPOSE/ROLE SUMMARY:
To receive and prioritise emergency 999 calls, liaising with GP Practises and organising transport / ambulances for patients, triaging patients, other emergency services, hospitals, General Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals and to assist with all other duties required to provide the best possible standard of care to all patients and other health care professionals.
- To efficiently prioritise calls using a computer aided triage and dispatch system
- Dispatching procedures to facilitate the appropriate and timely dispatch of resources
- To assist the passing of messages to facilitate ambulance response to the procedural standard set.
- To operate telephony equipment specific to role, radio and other communications equipment as required
- To undertake designated duties in relation to major emergencies, or other incidents
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL/EXTERNAL):
- Emergency Services
- GPs & Healthcare Professionals
- Trust employees
Weekdays - £9.49
Nights (after 8pm) and Saturdays - £13.38
Sunday - Public Holidays - £17.37
Temporary On-going Role
28 Days holiday per year
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme