- £21,164 - £21,664 /yr incl. £500 conditional bonus.
- Weekly rotating shift pattern, Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
- Exceptional benefits, including 26 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays and 10% company pension contribution
We are hiring Materials Handlers to work within our brand-new life sciences facility in Cardiff. If you can demonstrate experience working in a similar environment, handling, and transporting materials using handcarts or a forklift then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Read and follow work procedures and diagrams or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Work within a cleanroom environment, in full gowning and gloves.
- Ensure production targets are met by performing assembly operations, following procedures, bills of materials, instructions, and process aid sheets.
- Operate manual and semi-automated equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication while working with team leaders, engineers, supervisors, and managers to improve quality and processes.
- Aid in quality activities, training sessions, project work, and employee activity teams.
Who you are
- You will be working in a team environment, so you will need to communicate and work well with others while maintaining a hands-on attitude.
- You are open to learning and training in new processes.
- You can consistently lift and be on foot for large portions of the day.
- You will be comfortable using automated lifting equipment, once you have received training.
A forklift license would be a huge plus, but not mandatory.
- You have a basic knowledge of quality and inventory control.
- You have basic computer skills.
- You can fluently speak, read, and write English.
- You are comfortable using basic mathematics
- 26 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Free parking & secure bike racks
- 20-minute walk from Radyr Train Station
- Full training provided
- Free uniform and PPE
- Reasonably priced staff canteen and snacks on site
- Green and spacious surroundings to site
- Generous benefits package including 10% employers pension contribution and private healthcare
Why join Cytiva
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us –working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity –so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today and help us to transform human health.