Our client manufacture products which include coated abrasives, personal safety equipment, adhesive tapes, industrial microbiology products, drug delivery systems and high-performance coatings.
We are currently looking for a new Production Operator to join our team, this will be an ongoing temporary position.
Salary - £9-£11 per hour
Shifts - 24/7 - 12-hour shifts
Key Benefits Include:
- 28 days paid annual holiday, rising to 33 days with service, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension after 12 weeks
- Working a 24/7 shift system.
- Working safely and in line with the highest standards of Good Manufacturing Practice to meet agreed production schedules.
- Pack at a fast pace with minimum quality errors
- Work safely in line with behavioural safety principles
- Compliance with RPE and PPE requirements (including maintenance of personal RPE log)
- Keep workstations and area clean and tidy.
- Spot potential hazards and report promptly to team leader and via APR system.
- Complete weekly guarding and interlock checks and report issues promptly.
- Assist in safety risk assessments.
- Comply with the 10 rules of GMP.
- Ensure the job is carried out to right first time principles.
- Ensure documentation (manufacturing and packaging records, QIR's, process deviations, cleaning and calibration logs, etc.) and in process checks are completed to required standards.
- Conduct line clearances to ensure no rogue components are present.
- Maintain timely awareness of changes to work instructions and quality issues communicated.
- Resolve problems as they occur e.g. reconciliation issue, out of specification readings.
- Report any issues to Team Leader/ supervisor immediately.
- Participate in internal, customer and regulatory audits as required, including necessary preparation/follow up.
- Assist in GMP Risk Assessments.
- To operate machinery to specification and meet daily job requirements to achieve scheduled production targets.
- Evaluate breakdowns/stoppages, inform technician and team leader promptly and always seek out alternative work.
- Learn departments' processes, procedures and equipment and apply this learning consistently.
- Engage in Lean Manufacturing processes
- Co-operate and communicate with colleagues, supervision and support groups.
- Communicate with colleagues and team leaders at shift handover to ensure any problems are left with full explanations.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills to meet business priorities, new product introductions and legislation as communicated by the management team.
- To participate in training and ensure that all training is applied effectively.
- Ensure your own training file is kept up to date.
- Carry out additional duties/projects or six sigma projects as requested.
- Contribute to and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- This job also requires performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate in Word and Excel desirable
- Experience of working within a manufacturing or production environment is strongly essential preferably in a fast paced environment