My client is family run business based in Wetherby and this is an exciting time to join a successful and growing business. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Purchase ledger with managerial attributes.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the purchase ledger department. Ensuring reports are available to management as and when required. All Invoices, credit notes and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee invoice processing and receipts are authorised before payment
- Check and authorise supplier payment & BACS payments
- Check and confirm new accounts are in line with policy
- Cash reports and forecasts are prepared
- Ensure all systems and procedures are accurate and up to date.
- Oversee and ensure month/ year end is up to date and all deadlines are met
- Mentor 2 other team members to help guide and improve performance
- Liaise with other departments, suppliers & auditors
- Ensure the department is streamlined and working to its full potential
Your desired key skills and experience
- Strong management, accountancy, and procedures
- Advanced MS excel
- Knowledge of Inland Revenue & CIS for compliance
- Working Knowledge of VAT
- Company Law and litigation advantageous
- Reporting management information such as KPI's
Working hours are Monday - Friday 8-8.30am - 5-5.30pm
Salary £25 - 29k
Benefits include Free parking, 33 days holidays including bank holiday, heavily discounted company products, reward scheme, subsidised canteen.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now with an up-to-date CV.