Data Visualisation Developer
Location: Flexible worker based at Bristol
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Data Visualisation Developer.
You will form part of Aviation's Data Analytics Hub (DAH), a new capability focusing on improving the utilisation and implementation of analytics to support UK Aviation operations. You will sit within a central team, with exposure to projects and initiatives across the group, but will work closely with local and senior stakeholders across UK operations contracts on a day to day basis, to deliver reports, dashboards and visualisations that will form the core of both mandated and insight-based performance reporting. You'll work with users to elicit requirements and alongside other developers to collate and validate data from various sources and construct data models upon which they will produce analytical outputs for use by a wide range of user communities.
This is an opportunity for a self-driven individual to be a central part of a new analytics capability focused on improving the use and exploitation of data to support the business; creating analysis, testing hypotheses and recommending action based on the results of analysis created by the role.
You'll have the opportunity to help shape the direction of the Innovation & Technology function within the sector and drive the adoption and use of analytics as a core business tool, have the chance to work with operational colleagues and senior stakeholders to understand business challenges and use data analytics to provide solutions and also have the opportunity to work independently and the autonomy and trust to deliver challenging and complex analytics outputs to the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Work with station support stakeholders to capture and understand mandated and regular reporting duties
* Design, develop and publish reports, dashboards and analysis that will be utilised to track performance and identify opportunities for Improvement
* Identify areas for innovation and improvement (with regards to reporting) and propose changes to structure and format to optimise the delivery of information to users
* Contribute to innovation and change projects with the creation and presentation of data reports
* Support the DAH Data Analyst by creating reports and visualisations, for Analytical models and hypotheses testing
* Regularly examine key data sets and dashboards to help draw insights and improvement opportunities
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have the ability to independently create Dashboards, Reports and Graphics for a number of different data sets and types.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
*Ability to present data in a concise and easily digestible manner; to get across the priority messages and allow users to understand causal linkages where relevant
*Experience in data analysis and reporting, including calculating and reporting KPI, PI and balanced scorecards using tools such as Power Bi, QlikView or Tableau
* A Degree level qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or relevant demonstrable experience, skills and qualification.
* Have an analytical mind-set, be able to examine and make sense of key reports whilst also being detail driven.
* Experience of Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) complex big data
Lastly you'll need experience of developing visualisation using packages such as Power BI and a high degree of competence in Microsoft Office software - Excel.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click
here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing date: 31/10/2021