- Competitive Salary
- Weekly rotating shift pattern, Monday-Friday, 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm
- Exceptional benefits, including 26 days annual leave PLUS bank holidays and 10% company pension contribution
We are now hiring for a QC Technician to work within our brand-new life sciences facility in Cardiff. You will ensure the proper handling and final inspection requirements of all materials, products, and cleanrooms. If you have great attention to detail and previous laboratory experience, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- You will perform incoming product inspections of finished products, assemblies, and compounds for good manufacturing/laboratory practices (GMP/GLP) and verify the products meet specifications and are free of damage or defects.
- You will be responsible for sampling and testing to specifications of raw materials, in-process samples & semi-finished products.
- You will discard or reject products and material not meeting specifications
- You will inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- You will discuss inspection results with those responsible for products and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- You will perform environmental monitoring of the cleanrooms.
- You will ensure that local EHS procedures are followed.
Who you are
- You will have previously worked within a laboratory
- You will have clear written and verbal communication skills
- You can work flexibly and train in new techniques
- You have a good knowledge of computers, Microsoft Word and Excel
- You have a good understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You prioritise and multitask well.
- 26 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Free parking & secure bike racks
- 20-minute walk from Radyr Train Station
- Full training provided
- Free uniform and PPE
- Reasonably priced staff canteen and snacks on site
- Green and spacious surroundings to site
- Generous benefits package including 10% employers pension contribution and private healthcare
Why join Cytiva
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us –working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity –so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today and help us to transform human health.