Senior Test Engineer
Be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. The patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
- Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
- Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
- Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
Quality Engineering within is about creating an ecosystem where all delivery teams can achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services. Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organisations, Quality Engineering positions require a firm knowledge and hands on software development skills on par with software developers to work closely them to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality. This position will be responsible for driving strategic leadership and Quality Engineering best practices within team in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
- Collaborate with our development teams to enhance our existing software development processes.
- Drive Quality Engineering methodologies and help build high quality software.
- Monitor and maintain the automation of regression test-suites on daily basis.
- Provides strategic support related to specific applications and systems; assists with implementing service improvements across delivery teams and other functions.
- Leads stakeholders through demos, presentations, and prototypes.
- Coordinates requirements reviews and performance testing activities; monitors resolutions and retains documentation.
- Identifies opportunities to improve effectiveness and time-to-market.
- Provides input into performance appraisal processes for junior employees and/or team members.
All About You:
- Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
- Can you plan test strategies and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs - functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
- Can comfortably test web apps, going through server logs looking for errors, use troubleshooting tools like Splunk, make WS calls.
- Curiosity to understand how services are integrating into the whole system and predict potential impact.
- Detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function in an independent environment.
- Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
- Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
- Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
- Have you successfully led project test teams; collaborated with business partners, vendors, consulting organisations and peer-level professionals across IT disciplines.
- Are you experienced in scripting, performance testing, and application development?
Must Have skills:
- Good experience coding in Java language and familiar with design patterns
- Experience testing RESTful services using RESTAssured or similar tools
- Experience manipulating and working with data formats such as JSON, XML and CSV
- Testing frameworks such as TestNG
- Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar/JaCoCo)
- Build and run SQL scripts (Oracle DB)
- Experience creating manual test, acceptance and integration automation tests
- Experience working in teams that are using Agile Methodology
- Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
- Exposure and understanding on how VM and micro-services are working
Good to Have:
- In Memory Grids (Pivotal Gemfire)
- Experience with Maven build process, goals, dependencies, versioning
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver to drive UI based automated test
- Unit test frameworks such as Junit.
- Experience in Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
- Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web UI, APIs (REST and SOAP), Unix (RedHat, Mint)
- Knowledge of payment simulation tools (Paragon, FinSim, T3 or similar).
- Knowledge of ISO payment protocols (8583) desirable.
The candidate must have a valid visa to work in Ireland