Job Title: R2P Buyer
Location: Remote working
Compensation: Up to £25,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time
Job ID: SF39978
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join Babcock in delivering functional services in support of front line activities to both Police and Fire services.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced R2P Buyer who will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation of a robust R2P process across the Engineering and Training Services business unit.
What will you be doing?
As a R2P Buyer you will be remote working with occasional travel to our office in Portsmouth as required.
Your duties will include:
* Establishing R2P process and communicating to the business and supply base
* Supporting the transition from existing to future R2P process ensuring that all data sets are cleansed and prepared
* Determining and directing spend to preferred source of supply to achieve maximum value
* Communicating new process to projects / stakeholders
* Order Book Management interfacing with both suppliers and projects
* Managing, maintaining and completing due diligence against all vendors
* Leading invoice query resolution for transitional projects
The experience you'll bring
* Previous Procurement or financial activity experience within a complex multi ERP business (minimum 1 year)
* Able to raise and amend Purchase Orders
* Able to interface with multiple stakeholders productively
* Experience engaging with accounts payable teams to clear invoices
* Competent with Microsoft office suite
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 21st November 2021
#LI-POST or #LI-REMOTE