An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Microbiologist for their site in Port Sunlight, Wirral. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, 37.5-hour week, paying £25,536 per annum pro rata, working Monday to Friday.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates with longer than 1 month notice to serve.
Microbiological expertise is provided on formulation and process design, microbiological methods and supply chain hygiene. A further aim is to drive operational efficiencies and global ways of working with our sister laboratories. The team is responsible for a hygiene assessment of all innovations from Hair, Deodorants, Oral Care and Regional Skin design centres.
In this role your focus will be on the following key responsibilities-
- Sample administration
- Microbiological analysis of personal care products
- Data review & knowledge gathering
- Design and perform practical work to evaluate preservative efficacy and ad hoc testing.
- Data capture - ensure all data is generated and logged using the latest Digital tools available
- Maintaining strong links and developing networks across multi-disciplinary project teams, including formulation, quality and regulatory / safety contacts.
- Strong Microbiological Science background in microbiology with relevant applied industrial microbiology experience. Ideally to BSc level with experience.
- Previous practical microbiology experience in the same or similar field (Home and Personal Care products)
- Knowledge and experience of standard microbiological procedures
- Experienced in the creation, development and implementation of ideas related to microbiology.
- Ability to write scientific papers and reports.
- Excellent microbiology practical skills
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management
- Good organisation skills with a high level of accuracy
- Good IT knowledge and experience with digital tools