Job Title: Pensions Administrator
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: £26,694 to £32,311
Role Type: Full time / 18 - 24 Month FTC
Job ID: SF34634
Our in-house Pensions Department provides an effective and efficient pensions administration service for Members and Trustees of our in-house Defined Benefit pension schemes at Babcock International Group in Rosyth.
Who we are looking for?
We require an efficient and highly-capable Pensions Administrator with recent experience of Defined Benefit pension scheme administration to join our busy team (note: must be Defined Benefit and not Defined Contribution experience).
This is a full-time post offered on a fixed-term contract basis of between 18 to 24 months. Standard hours of work are Mon-Thu 08:00 to 16.30 and Fri 08:00 to 13:00
What will you be doing?
You'll be involved in all basic and intermediary pensions administration and project related tasks including:
- performing early leaver calculations, pension increases and transfer values
- the calculation and payment of benefits for members on normal, early, late or ill-health retirement, and also deaths
- participating in annual projects including renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases.
- dealing with enquires from our Members and Trustees
- liaising with Payroll, HR departments and external companies.
The experience you'll bring
For this fixed-term contract we'll require you to start in the role with minimum training/guidance, so you'll need to have:-
- A recognised Pensions industry qualification e.g. CPC/QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI (essential)
- Significant, recent experience of Defined Benefit (DB) pension schemes (essential)
- Up-to-date knowledge of current pensions legislation and framework - especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts (essential)
- In-house pensions department or third party pensions administration experience
- Experience of using Profund, with a good understanding of Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively with Members, Trustees and stakeholders at all levels of our organisation.
- You must be a UK national and hold, or have the ability to achieve 'Security Check' (SC) security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link on our website to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 7 December 2021