Job Title: Chief of the Office of Airworthiness
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GB, GL51 6SR
Compensation: £ 85,000.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF40176
Babcock Design and Completions has an exciting opportunity for a Chief of the Office of Airworthiness role based in our Design Office at Gloucestershire Airport near Cheltenham. We are a market leading Aerospace design organisation, specialising in design, manufacture, installation, test and certification activities for modifications to Civil and Military Aeroplanes and Helicopters including Major Avionics upgrades, Special Mission conversions and Mission Equipment, External Loads and Night Vision Cockpit conversion.
Who we are looking for?
This is a regulatory post holder position and serves a key role within the Part 21 Design Team. You will be responsible for all matters related to Airworthiness and relationship with the Authority (CAA).
What will you be doing?
* Reviewing and maintaining continued compliance with CAA Part 21.
* Liaison with the Authority on all matters relating to airworthiness in respect of CAA Part 21.
* Preparation and execution of Certification Plans, ensuring all compliance documents are prepared as necessary to show compliance with all CS, environmental protection requirements and operational suitability data.
* Definition of Certification Basis and co-operating with the Authority where required.
The experience you'll bring
* Previous experience as regulatory post-holder and CVE.
* Extensive experience of design certification and manufacturing in the aerospace industry.
* Excellent understanding of CAA Part 21J DOA regulations and related procedures.
* Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes.
* Good understanding of CAA Part 21G POA, and Part 145 MOA regulations.
* Working knowledge of airworthiness design codes and other technical standards, e.g. CS, DO-160, FAA AC 29-MG 16, RTCA DO-275 etc.
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 21/11/2021