An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation - our global FMCG client (the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Ben & Surf, Comfort, Domestos and Cif) have an opening for a Packaging Technologist to be based at our client's prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral (requiring 2-3 days per week on site, 1-2 days working from home).
This is a full time, temporary role for a period of 12 months to start the first week of January 2022, paying up to £37,776 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
- Leading packaging development activities on small to medium new variant/brand projects such as providing technical guidance to suppliers, marketing and component qualification and supporting the implementation of components into our network of factories.
- Communicate with packaging teams around the globe to share best practice and facilitate/support project development and rollout.
- Developing new or existing packaging that meets factory, supply chain, formulation, consumer, brand, regional and confidentiality requirements.
- Lead packaging testing activities, understand and interpret results, make recommendations and build robust specifications.
- Work and communicate effectively with different departments and suppliers to deliver against the project network timings and identify and manage risks.
- Provide technical support and trouble-shooting expertise to our factories and external partners.
- Play an active role in leading and contributing to the Unilever Packaging Strategy and other category activities.
- Relevant experience in packaging and/or relevant experience in a manufacturing environment such as QA or engineering with a focus on packaging.
- A creative, logical and analytical mind to generate innovative packaging solutions to technical design problems.
- Ability to apply business leadership skills understanding and prioritise the impact of design decisions on cost, consumer and environment.
- You will need to be self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate complex packaging and engineering principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.