An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Data Analyst to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full-time temporary role for 6 months, working 2 days per week in the office and 3 days from home, working a 36.25-hour week. This role is paying up to £55,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
ekaterra is proud of its tea business, the biggest in the world, with world-class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips, T2, TAZO® and Pukka. We pick, cultivate and nurture various blends - of brews and people. And we're just getting started.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all.
In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Your Key Tasks:
- Partner with the UKI Commercial Team in providing insight and support that drives our financial performance
- Build capabilities for ekaterra UKI in Net Revenue Management, E-Commerce, Pricing Models, Supply Chain Finance and other areas
- Develop insightful and visually powerful dashboards in Power BI
- Develop a suite of data analytics with drilldown, slice & dice, and aggregation capabilities
- Provide stakeholders with timely and high-quality performance insight
- Partner effectively with stakeholders to ascertain requirements, simplify complex subject matter, and derive insight
- Implement and continuously improve a suite of impactful BI products
- Build a scalable data model that can be shared across ekaterra UKI
- Champion the use of Power BI across ekaterra UKI
Skills and Experience
- Advanced Power BI skills (both Desktop & Service)
- Extraction, cleansing transformation and loading of large data sets
- Table joins and relationship types
- Calculated fields and measures in Power Query (e.g. running totals, rolling averages, ratios, percentages)
- Selection of appropriate visualisation types for the data
- Data typing and profiling
- Performance optimisation
- User access management
- Highly proficient in data cleansing and ETL techniques of large data sets using advanced Excel, VBA, Power Query, or SQL
- Familiarity with data modelling concepts (data types, cardinality, star schema etc.)
- Expert in all components of Microsoft 365 suite, in particular Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Forms, Power Automate and Planner
- Skilled at extracting data from SAP ECC and/or SAP BW
- Familiarity with OLAP tools and ability to learn new tools on the fly
- Degree and/or 3+ years relevant experience in Accounting, Finance, or Commercial background
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
Who we are looking for
- Someone who can turn data into insight that drives Financial performance
- Strong business partnership, communication, negotiation and influencing skills serving multi-functional stakeholders
- Someone who embraces end to end ownership, ability to understand the big picture but also very comfortable in operational detail
- High attention to detail and always striving for continuous improvement Resilient and able to excel under pressure
- Creative flair to design visually engaging performance dashboards
- Deeply empathetic with the needs of commercial stakeholders