An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a global IT company is currently seeking a Junior Finance Analyst. This is a full-time, permanent role working office hours 37.5 hours per week Monday- Friday based in Winnersh, near Reading. The role will be working 2-3 days per week in the office and the remainder of the week working remotely. This role is to start ASAP and is paying between £20,000- £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to allocated Regional Operations Managers and Service Delivery Managers, offering financial guidance and support, whilst being part of their management team.
- Prepare monthly review packs with appropriate narrative following a financial analysis of key trends and variances across Cost Centres and General Ledger Accounts to be presented at management meetings.
- Ensure all costs are recovered and charged to HPE Business Unit.
- Be dealing with a variety of day-to-day queries from a range of business managers.
- Support the annual budget process: Prepare numbers, provide explanations and analysis. Close business alignment on assumptions and trends
- Manage the month end close including preparing and posting journals into SAP, controlling accruals/prepayments, processing cross charges and performing analysis on the overall integrity of the P&L.
- Support key Financial deliverables during Month End close: Prepare narratives and forecast as well as explanation of deviations versus key measures (budget, prior forecast)
- Perform invoice integrity checks.
- Work on internal and external audits and analysis.
- Work on Balance Sheet Accounting.
- Attend regular training sessions.
- Take care of other ad-hoc activities and projects as allocated by the Finance Manager.
- Ensure we operate with a high level of financial integrity.
- Operate within the Corporate Standards of Business Conduct, abiding by Health & Safety Rules and all other appropriate Governance structures
- Study an Accounting or Finance related degree or a recent graduate
- Strong Technical Accounting Skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to build relationships with people both face to face and remotely.
- Good Microsoft Office Suite skills particularly in Excel.
- Self -motivated and confident dealing with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- A professional and mature approach and keen to make a difference.
- Flexible & demonstrates initiative but can fully participate in a small busy team.
- Ability to deal with a heavy workload whilst under pressure.
- Month end & other busy periods may involve a commitment that may require starting early/finishing late.