Environmental Services Project Manager - Hamble-Le-Rice, Eastleigh
A rare opportunity to join the lead provider of environmental risk reduction solutions in the UK as an Environmental Services Project Manager in Hamble. Although you will be based mainly at Hamble, the reactivity and flexibility the company offers means you may be required to work from other locations across the UK.
Due to growth, this ever-growing, ambitious, and fun-loving company is looking to take on another strong member. With a huge private and public multinational customer base, you will become part of a successful solid company that offers a great package, fantastic culture, a challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression. Your role will be to organise and control the industrial projects including the resourcing, planning, and successful completion of projects from start to finish. You will be responsible for various projects, both planned & emergency response, mobilising expeditiously from inception to completion and will manage these projects fully out in the field.
- Create awareness within all markets and sectors sector about the company and its services.
- Identify new opportunities for the company by identifying projects and visiting existing and new customers.
- Maximise all opportunities and up sell all company services.
- Respond in a timely manner to all assigned incoming enquiries via the Client Services & Sales / Account teams.
- Attend client meetings & site visits with a view to identifying client requirements and building & winning proposals / quotes including design of scope of works & pricing.
- Grow and develop existing & new client relations.
- Deliver presentations and give technical advice to customers.
- Secure profitable jobs in line with group strategy through marketing, direct sales, exploring existing customers (current & lapsed) and tenders (issuing full support as required to the tender team).
- Always protect and develop the reputation and name of the company.
- Work closely with clients and respond to all enquiries and requirements.
- Coordinate all information from different disciplines, arrange and generate the formal proposals & response.
- Prioritise work and emergency responses.
- Negotiate and finalise sales agreements with customers.
- Oversee jobs execution through planning, coordination, procurement, site works, equipment, subcontractors, and labour management.
- On site management of depot operatives, technicians & engineers to achieve successful completion of all assigned projects.
- Sourcing, coordination & on-site management of approved sub-contractors as required to ensure successful completion of all assigned projects.
- Ensure all projects are executed profitably, safely, on time and to the utmost satisfaction of the client.
- Submit reports on demand to group senior Management.
- Provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Implement effecting efficiency's, ensuring cost savings and quality control.
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified and/or experienced to undertake and as assigned by management.
- Due to the requirements to work very closely with & supervise our operatives, technicians & engineers on site the post-holder must build and maintain relationships with the front-line workforce and liaise effectively with the depot management team
- Proactively promote all other Group Services and grow service lines across existing customer base
- Good technical and industry knowledge of environmental services
- Handling of Hazardous Materials inclusive of response to incidents & decontamination procedures
- Management of Confined Space permitted operations
- Experience including, Water jetting, ADR, Product Transfer and Marine Response etc., ground works, remediation, and tankering operations
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook and able to prepare and present reports using such applications
- Strong understanding and knowledge of health and safety at work; promote compliant and best practice in line with relative legislation
- Possessing IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications would be advantageous.
- Leadership experience with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written, with internal and external clients at all levels
- Demonstrate keen commercial awareness to develop new business with clients at any opportunity
- A clean full UK Driving Licence is essential, ideally with HGV 1 & 2 with appropriate CPC & ADR
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company vehicle provided
- Pension scheme
- Company-wide refer a friend scheme
- Full PPE provided
- Opportunities for training and development
- Opportunities for paid overtime to supplement salary
If you would like to be part of this incredible team and join in on the success, apply now and I will be in touch!