Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to join our team as a Buyer within the Procurement team.
The difference our New Buyer will make
As the focal point for the project team you will be responsible for managing the requirements of the project and works in collaboration with the project team and other stakeholders
The Buyer will work with the Senior Buyer and Operational Procurement Manager to deliver:
* Goods and/or Services for the Company at the best total acquisition cost
* Up to date Supply Chain information through order book management and associated reporting
* Identified value opportunities and levers
* Facilitate Supplier Relationships, becoming the point of contact and undertaking supplier visits
* Governance Compliance
Who we're looking for
We are looking for individuals that will innovate for success and who'll bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions. You will make a positive impact and take responsibility for your part in making a difference and want to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
* Experience within a Supply Chain role, preferably in a Defence or Engineering environment
Skills and attributes
* Analytical skills to analyse data and make decisions
* Be able to read and understand technical drawings and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain is an advantage.
* Ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business
* Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
Education and qualifications
* Membership of a relevant professional body, for example the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply at a Level 4 or above or equivalent business related qualification.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working (full or part time considered, minimum 30 hours per week)
* Autonomy to perform the role
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee Share Scheme
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
Where it all fits in:
Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. As a trusted provider for global defence & security, we have a wide portfolio of best in class technical solutions that enable our customers to carry out their missions. It's a really exciting and fast paced business carrying out a diverse range of activities. Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth and Ashchurch.
The Critical Communications Business Unit is over 200 personnel strong with in excess of 70% skilled Engineering staff. We have an ever increasing portfolio of opportunities and an ambition for success and to grow. We also embrace the multitude of internal employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within our Babcock team, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account, then you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Babcock International Group
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within four market sectors; Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group, which delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe. These range from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training.
Closing date: 30th November 2021