T31 Instructor - Ship Systems Training Team
Rosyth based - with agile and remote working and some UK travel
About the role:
Here at Babcock International we are currently recruiting for a number of individuals with experience in the marine or naval sector to deliver ship systems training to the crews and operators of the new Type 31 platform currently being designed and built by Babcock for the Royal Navy.
The T31 Instructors will assist the Training Manager in the development of the training organisation responsible for the delivery of the Initial Training solution for a major naval surface warship programme, through effective project management and the intelligent application of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT). Responsible for the delivery of elements of the T31 Initial Training solution, the job holder will report to the T31 Training Manager within the Marine Training Business Unit within Defence Training in the Land Sector. The position will be based in Rosyth with a requirement for travel within the UK and Europe.
* Support the Training Manager to develop and maintain the Training Programme Management Organisation and Management of Training System for the delivery of the Initial Training solution for the Type 31 Frigate.
* Support the Training Manager to maintain the training facilities required for the delivery of the Initial Training solution for the Type 31 Frigate.
* Support the Training Manager in the timely production of Training material and results.
* Comply with all relevant legislative, legal and policy requirements and standards to ensure all Initial Training activities are safe and risk-focused.
* Ensure effective engagement with key stakeholders to achieve the required training outcomes.
* Interact and engage as a member of a team of Ship Systems Instructional staff, assisting the Training Manager to maintain personal qualifications to ensure that you are suitably qualified, experienced and competent to undertake your role.
* Assist in the Management, planning and scheduling of the training required by the Ships' Companies, Commissioning Engineers, Ship Systems Training Team and Contractor Sea Acceptance Trials personnel.
* Deliver elements of the T31 Initial Training solution, as the lead Instructor, including supervision of externally provided courses and the delivery of Ship Systems Familiarisation activities;
* Assist the Training Manager in the Internal Validation activities, including the reporting of training statistics, and provide timely and considered responses to any External Validation received.
* Assist the Training Manager to manage the trainee records and competency award processes.
* Assist the Training Manager to review, monitor and manage the effective use of resources to achieve the required training and associated outcomes within time and cost constraints.
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications:
* Recent experience in a Marine or Weapons Engineering role ideally with some prior instructing experience
* Experience in applying the UK's Defence Systems Approach to Training, or have some exposure to "train the trainer" or similar
* Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office applications;
* Excellent communications and relationship building ability;
* Experience of working in an engineering/technical environment; and
* Hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
* Demonstrates recent experience in an Marine Engineering or Weapons Engineering role
* Demonstrates experience in the management of Defence training activities
* Demonstrates some Project Management experience
* Demonstrates recent experience of team working
* Demonstrates an ability to work independently where required and to operate as part of a wider team
* Demonstrates a commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
* Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills in the business/training environment;
* Demonstrates an ability to work flexibly within a demanding operational environment;
* Demonstrates an ability to analyse and evaluate outputs to identify areas for improvement;
* Demonstrates excellent attention to detail; and an ability to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
What else do I need to know?
Candidates much be eligible to gain and maintain UK SC level security clearance
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Job reference: 39120