Summary of Role:
This role involves working to provide direct support and management to the Service Users. The role requires the Housing Officer to manage their own caseload and follow procedures in order meet Key Performance Objectives. The role also involves Audit/inspection and management of properties used by Service Users (SUs).
This role involves working from home with daily travel to the Initial accommodation sites to provide direct support and management to the Service Users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of Managing agents who supply property on the ODA scheme, Manage Service Users within the estate.
- Monitor the managing agent has Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies, etc
- Monitor the agent to make sure they Conduct regular visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconders, across the Initial Accommodation estate.
- Arrange any initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required
- Manage and audit the estate/properties.
- Conduct monthly inspections and monitor what the agent has reported/recorded
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure and liaise with the agent to do this.
- 28 days annual leave allowance per year (inc. bank holidays). Increasing from the standard 20 day to 23 days after a full holiday year and 25 days after 2nd holiday year
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Mileage expenses (claimable from home)