We are working in partnership with our global client to recruit a Commercial Manager to join their team in Enfield. The role will require a broad range of interaction, with both Internal and external stakeholders, and will encompass the provision of guidance, assistance, technical and commercial inputs (including development of the pricing model), bids and negotiation support, in respect to all aspects of Company operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generating Proposal Documentation matched to Customer requirements and drafting responses.
- Assist with the Price Tender Vet process and ensure acceptable cash flow and payment profiles are contractually agreed, and provide oversight and guidance for project cash flow and milestone planning.
- Undertaking a commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents.
- Review customer terms and conditions and advise on risks, cost drivers and propose acceptable commercial positions to the Business Unit.
- Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority.
- Delivery of offset and industrial participation obligations on contracts within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for generating, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a suite of contractual documents, such as, Supply and Purchase Contracts, Confidentiality Agreements, US Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) Teaming Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Standard Terms and Conditions, Escrow, and other Intellectual Property Right Agreements.
- Managing the renewal process for registered Intellectual Property, Patent and Trademark rights, and acting as the main point of contact with the external agencies.
- Managing the group property portfolio, including lease renewals, terminations and other general enquiries.
- Conduct and support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for the company which reflects the agreed "sign-off" position.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to ensure flowdown of appropriate supplier terms into project contracts and to support procurement with negotiating amendments to existing contracts and preparation of new agreements.
- Updating and maintaining the centralised contracts database.
- Support to the Director of Commercial Affairs and Head of Commercial on any other tasks as required.
- Where applicable, manage other members of the commercial department.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of UK and International contracting and commercial principles and legislation.
- Thorough knowledge of UK MoD terms of contracting DEFCONS & DEFFORMS, with a good working knowledge of the US DoD FARS & DFARS.
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the UK and international defence and security markets.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with successful experience of operating in UK and international markets.
- Pragmatic and commercially alert - effective at identifying and assessing risk, mitigations and risk management.
- Good working knowledge of UK Export Controls and Intellectual Property legislations.
- Excellent proven understanding of drafting a wide range of contractual documentation.
- Strong communicator.
- Other languages are an advantage.
- At least 5 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Degree Level or equivalent.
- Formal legal training/World Commerce & Contracting would be an advantage.
In Return our client offers:
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance 2 x Annual Salary.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Healthshield (Healthcare).
- Flight Centre VIP.