SECURE CARE OFFICER
Manpower are recruiting for 20 Secure Care Officers in Milton Keynes for our client who look after children who are being rehabilitated. This role is suitable for a really wide range of individuals. It will be a challenging but incredibly rewarding job. If you have worked in backgrounds such as education, care, retail, coaching or hospitality you will have experiences and attributes which would make you well suited to this role.
If you also have personality characteristics such as empathy, desire to make a positive difference, resilience and strength, patients, helpfulness, compassionate then these are the qualities we are looking for in somebody. These characteristics are much more important than the education or work background you come from.
There is no such thing as a "typical" Officer and we encourage applications from individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, who can demonstrate the integrity, resilience and strong communications skills needed to thrive in this role.
Day to day, you will help to create a safe, secure environment for children aged between 12 to 18 years who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. In return, you will receive a secure job and a rewarding career, as well as great training, excellent benefits and the chance to change lives for the better.
Working directly with the children, your responsibilities will include:
- Motivate, support and care for children to provide a stable and secure educational and residential environment which promotes anti-offending behaviour to develop life skills, manage their own behaviour and enhance their effective resettlement on release
- Building mutual trust and respect with the children so that they respond positively and appropriately to information and guidance
- Defining structures and boundaries, and role-modelling positive behaviours, to set clear expectations of the children in our care
- Monitoring and managing the behaviour of the children to minimise incidents and improve standards of behaviour
What You Get In Return...
- Starting salary £27,500 rising to £33,000 after successfully passing a 6 month probation period
- Full-Time - average 40 hours per week (shift times vary on either morning, afternoon or days)
- Shift times available are: 7.00am - 3.15pm or 1.45pm-10.00pm or 4.00pm-10.00pm
- Company Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Set monthly shift patterns
- Access to High Street Shop discounts
- Local Gym discounts and extensive training and development
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. Experience of working with children is desirable. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process for the role.
If this role appeals to you, let us know and apply!