Due to expansion our client is seeking a Domestic Appliance Engineer to join their team and cover the Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells area.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer your primary responsibility will be to repair, install and service laundry domestic appliances e.g. washing machines and tumble dryers.
As a Domestic Appliance Engineer, your role will involve:
- Download and print service call jobs for the day, this will include customer contact details, product details and fault description
- Organise the days schedule in line with timing constraints and geographical area
- Drive from call to call
- Communicate with customers and call centre
- Repair, install and service appliances
- Onsite safety checks
- Process and order parts on line if the item of stock is not carried in the van
- Make arrangements with the customer for a return visit
The successful applicant will need to have the following qualities/skills:
- Previous experience is required, however someone with good electrical and/or mechanical skills might be considered
- You will need to hold a valid driver's licence
- Good geographical knowledge of Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells
- Able to engage well with customers and provide first class service
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Quick learner and able to process new information
- Motivated, dedicated and hard working
- Computer literate
- Physically fit as the role involves varying degrees of bending, squatting, lifting, stretching and reaching.
This is a home-based role and you will be supplied with a company van, tools, laptop, self-storage unit to store parts, uniform and mobile phone.
Hours: Monday-Friday 39 hours per week, start time from 7.15am. You will need to work 10 Saturdays per year (4 hours, 8am-12pm, paid as overtime at double time)
Salary: £23,436 increasing to £25,401 after successful completion of probation and full allocation of work per day. They also give DHP (Double holiday pay) where they pay an extra month in the year split between three extra payments in May, July and November. Therefore, completion of a full year would be basic pay of £23,436 plus DHP £25,239 and then completion of probation would be £27,204.
Opportunity to increase your salary with overtime paid at double time and commission for selling company products.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Also, you will have the opportunity to earn 5 additional holiday days for no sickness in a 12-month period and 3 additional days for working during the winter months. Pension, life assurance, discount on products and monthly performance related pay.
Interested in this role covering Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells area? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.