Babcock - Emergency Services and training
Police Lecturers PEQF
London - Flexible
£45.900 rising to £48,450 once fellowship is attained
Babcock has been selected as the Metropolitan Police Service's (Met Police) learning partner, working with a consortium of four London-based universities - Anglia Ruskin University, Brunel University London, University of East London and University of West London - to support the UK's largest police service with the training of its new officer recruits from 2020.
The partnership with the Met Police will last until at least 2028, with a possibility to extend for a further two years, and is set at a maximum contract value of £309 million, dependent on the number of recruits trained under the programme.
Due to this exciting contract win, we are now looking to recruit a number of Police Lecturers to delivery highly engaging, evidence based lecturers and assessments to the new generation of police recruits. This will be a rewarding position that will give you the opportunity to use your experience in order to guide and mentor learners on their journey to becoming fully fledged officers.
You'll be part of a business that supports over 14,000 apprentices, we'll provide you with all the training that you need to become a fully qualified Lecturer. During your training process we will provide in-depth practical support from experts in this field as well as funding you through qualifications and supporting you with becoming a fellow of the Higher Educational Institute.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic and engaging Lecturers with a diverse skill set stemming from an operational policing background.
You'll have the ability to communicate with learners from all backgrounds and support them through their journey to be the police officers of tomorrow.
What will you be doing?
* Deliver an excellent student experience in accordance with the programme requirements
* Provide teaching, learning support and undertake assessment to ensure students' progress timely through their programme
* To develop highly motivated students who proactively engage with learning and transfer knowledge, skills and behaviours to the workplace, and enable them to integrate theory with practice through reflection
* Support the curriculum team in the development of lesson plans and learning collateral to ensure the programme is current, innovative and evidence based
* Share best practice and engage in standardisation activities to enhance and develop the programme and ensure a consistent learning experience across the team
* Ensure delivery meets the requirements of the awarding bodies (HEIs) and the Babcock quality assurance framework
The experience you'll bring
* Comprehensive understanding of policing and the evidence base current context, challenges and issues, gained either through previous operational or academic experience.
* Demonstrate a high level of organisational skills and self-motivation.
* Level 6 qualification
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.