Job Title: Director of Core Applications - Remote Working
Location: Remote, GB
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Role ID 40045
Reporting into the CIO you will be join the senior leadership team responsible for managing strategy, direction and performance of the team that are responsible for the delivery and support of the Core Applications for Babcock Corporate Services.
Responsible for the management of the IT Delivery teams and 3rd party suppliers supporting and maintaining all core applications in all regions including all Microsoft tools, Application Packaging capability and asset management. The role will be focussed on delivering service against agreed targets while ensuring services are delivered as effectively as possible looking to automate delivery where appropriate, share knowledge, best practice and solutions across Babcock and utilise delivery functions in all regions to enhance levels of service.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced communicator across all levels of the organization.
What will you be doing?
Your main tasks will include
- Supporting the business in accordance with technical standards defined by CTO
- Managing escalations from sectors & business units on projects and business as usual
- Defining strategy with the sectors & business units to support new requirements
- Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sponsor and own significant projects throughout the IS function
- Co-ordinating communication with all areas of the business
- Ensuring effective working with all vendors who provide product & services
- Own recruitment of team vacancies ensuring teams are capable of managing demand
- Ensuring service delivery concerns and challenges are met and responded to within effectively
- Responsible for ensuring security is maintained and all IS related security requirements are responded to within defined targets
- Effective staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees
The experience you'll bring
- Significantly experienced IT professional
- Able to operate independently
- Proven Management experience in the IT sector
- Strong written and verbal English
- You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC
- Travel - will be required once a month to London or Portsmouth
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date 3rd December 2021